Massage and Pregnancy
Massage during pregnancy is a wonderful choice!
We all know that massage reduces stress, enhances physical and emotional wellbeing, increases circulation and helps to relieve musculoskeletal aches and pains!
What better complementary care then during pregnancy when the systems are stressed to the max, the muscles are tight and there are continuing challenges with postural and hormonal issues.
Studies have indicated that massage during pregnancy can reduce stress, decrease feelings of anxiety and potentially improve labor and delivery outcomes.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage include:
- Reduces stress hormones within the mother’s body and increases hormones which seem to be low during pregnancy that could contribute to a sense of depression
- Reduces feelings of anxiety and contributes to improvement in general mood
- Rejuvenates energy and gives an opportunity to relax and refresh
- Relieves everyday discomforts of pregnancy such as aching neck, sore back, and heaviness in the pelvic area, as well as leg cramps and swelling
- Facilitates lymphatic drainage
- Decreases muscle tension and helps relieve joint pain and stiffness
- Builds sense of connectedness with another caring person
- Contributes potentially to a more comfortable delivery
- Offers an opportunity to stop activity and totally relax
- Improves sleep as the tensions and anxieties are reduced
Contact Bakke Clinic today. Make an appointment to meet and talk with one of our Massage Therapists and find out how massage can help you feel good again!!
Bakke Clinic: “Call Us. Come In. Feel good Again!”
Posted: Dr. Meredith Bakke